I am a strong believer of enhancing one’s natural beauty using natural products.
The gel in an Aloe Vera plant has numerous benefits for the skin and that I have been wanting to buy the plant for home for a while now. Once I got my hand on the beautiful and spiky plant, it was all about getting a few minutes out of my day to try adding it to my beauty care.
After trying this face mask personally, I wanted to share the easy process for making it to get a completely natural glow.
- 1 small stem of aloe vera
- Half a lemon
- Optional – 1 teaspoon of Gram/Besan Flour
- Cut a portion of the Aloe Vera stem diagonally
- Drain the yellow sap by letting the stem rest upside down
- Once the stem is washed, cut a cross section in the stem
- Scoop the translucent gel into a bowl
- Squeeze half a lemon into the bowl
- Mix well
- If the mixture is watery, alternatively add a teaspoon of gram flour to thicken the mixture
- Apply evenly on face and wait for 10-15 minutes before washing off
If you have sensitive skin, I would recommend trying out a patch test on your wrist before applying on the face.